Sunday, August 7, 2011

One week to go 'til Ironman 70.3 Philippines!

The countdown begins! This is not just any other triathlon race. From local and international triathlete participants, the vast scenery in Camarines Sur, to the festive mood of the sports party, it's the country’s mega sports event we're looking forward to. Actually, my triathlete friends have already been counting down the days to this since three months ago. At this point, it's already taper time for them.

"For them" because I'm not one of those who are going to compete! (I'm not that crazy! Kidding ;)) I'll be one of the photographers of Team Globe in Cobra Energy IronMan 70.3 Philippines. Even if I know I'll have to wake up at 3:00am for their call time, stay under the heat of sun, follow them everywhere (I have to know the strategic locations already), I know it's going to be all worth it... for the love of Globe! And sports photography. :)

It's 3.8 km swim, 180 km bike, and 42 km run. How it can you possibly do that?! Well, certainly it takes an IRONMAN and IRONWOMAN to do that. As they break new records, compete with other triathletes and themselves, and finish the race, I definitely SALUTE them. I'll follow you around, guys!

This would be my first time to shoot in that event. But to get me psyched up, here are some of the photos I took Subic International Triathlon in 2011 and 2010. :)







All roads lead to Camarines Sur Sports Complex! See you at the finish line on August 14, 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment