Saturday, September 25, 2010

In Your Face!

Even if I don't own a macro lens, I do enjoy macro photography. I had a chance to practice doing this a few months back (thanks to my friend who owned a macro lens) when Zone V Camera Club had a photo exhibit entitled Zone V Gets Back In Your Face at the Graphic Expo and Photo-Video Expo, SMX Convention Center. It featured ordinary objects shot up close, taking on a new meaning and showing abstract beauty. According to Jay Camus, one of our members, the concept was to make the viewers wonder exactly what they were looking at. The “in your face” claim does not stem from any attitude on the part of the photographer. It comes from the idea that one would have to place the subject of the image right into one’s face in order to see it in the same manner as it is presented in the images.

Those are my two images up there! Guess what they are? See answers below.



Other photos from fellow photogs: a closer look on the colorful ice candies and corn kernels

A micro beauty of a rose and a leaf through the lens of other Zone V members.

What I like about the concept is that it makes viewers (and photographers as well) appreciate and capture the beauty of an object even in its minute detail. I remember this verse in The Message Bible:

Psalm 8:3-4 (The Message)
I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous,
your handmade sky-jewelry,
Moon and stars mounted in their settings.
Then I look at my micro-self and wonder,
Why do you bother with us?
Why take a second look our way?

After seeing these photos, I realize that God also does see each of us the same way -- He appreciates this little me inside this gigantic universe... Almost so inconsiderable and puny, yet He favors me and loves me!

* * *

Answers: The colorful back of a CD and a red lipstick mark on a coffee cup.

* * *

PS. Watch out for Zone V's next exhibit on vertical panorama. I'm really excited for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment