Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My First Travel Photo Exhibit entries

I was estatic to see my photos in"The Philippines" Travel Photos Exhibit held in IMAX Mall of Asia last April 21-25, 2010. "You're now famous!" commented my uncle in my Facebook album of the exhibit. Hmm, I don't think so, but I'm sure Zone V Camera Club is.

Quoting from our club's site, our name draws its inspiration from the master photographer Ansel Adams' zoning exposure system - an enduring discipline in the basics of photography. Zone V actively holds regular photo contests, exhibits, joins various photo–related activities, since its inception in the late seventies. It was in 1978 that Zone V Camera Club came to see the light of day to fulfill the needs of several photo enthusiasts seeking for a venue where photography as both a hobby and an art can be fostered and encouraged. Thus was born the Zone V camaraderie. Thirty years have passed; the same ideals for which the club was formed still exist. I'm so happy to be part of this 30-year-old photography club in which several masters are also member. I'm hoping to be a full-fledged member soon (it's not easy as it seems to be a member of this club).

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying my probee period here. Even if I'm still a probee, I get to enjoy being a part of a photo exhibit such as this. Here are two of my photos in the exhibit:

Title: The Scenic Boracay Sunset

Description: I think I already have an obsession with sunset shots and they never cease to amaze me. Everyone must get a glimpse (and a shot) of the orange-filled dusk sky of Boracay. It’s just one of the most beautiful things God created. Sweet sailing in Boracay, world!

Title: The Next New Wonder of Nature

Description: This is the entrance to Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park which features stunning limestone formations and is known to be the longest navigable underground river in the world. Show your support to the Philippines’ official entry in the 7 New Wonders of Nature by voting in http://www.new7wonders.com/ and visiting the river itself.


Slowly, I'm realizing my dreams... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment